Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration program aimed to help temporary foreign workers and foreign students to apply their work experience and education towards their applications for residency. The Canadian Experience Class supports the transition from temporary residence to permanent residence, taking into account the time that the international student or skilled worker spent in Canada while contributing to Canadian society.

Minimum requirements
The applicant must:
• have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
• have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization,
• meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing and listening),
• plan to live outside the province of Quebec.

Skilled work experience
According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:
• Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
• Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
• Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)

Your experience must be at least 12 months of full-time or an equal amount in part-time hours.

There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class. But, if the applicant wants to earn points for his/her education under Express Entry, the applicant either need:
• a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree,
• an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC

Language ability
The applicant must:
• meet the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs OR Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 for NOC B jobs
• take a language test approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that shows you meet the level for speaking, listening, reading and writing.