Skill Independent Visa (Subclass 189):
This visa is for points-tested skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or nominated by a state or territory government. It allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
Requirements: You might be eligible to apply for this visa if invited. When we sent your letter of invitation, you must also have:
• nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
• obtained a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
• not yet turned 50 years of age
• achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the point tests
• at least competent English.